The Pan-African PMC will be held at the Yaounde Conference Centre in Cameroon. Yaounde is the capital of Cameroon and is emerging as the pan-African project management hub. Additional reasons for Yaounde, Cameroon include:
- Its frequent description of “Africa in miniature” due to its diverse climate, geography, and cultures reflecting the diversity of Africa;
- It is one of the few African countries officially bilingual in English and French;
- It is through ANOR, (Standards and Quality Agency) one of the two (2) African countries that are participating members of the Technical Committee ISO/TC 258 on project, programme and portfolio management;
- it is the only African country to adopt since December 2014 as a national standard, the international standard ISO 21500: 2012 Guidance on Project Management;
- there is already a PMI Chapter in Cameroon.