The theme of the 1st edition of the Pan-African PMC is: “Accelerating Africa’s Economic Transformation through Project Management”.
The theme is structure in the following 16 sub-themes or sessions grouped into three (3) poles:
- Project management technologies
- Challenges of Africa’s economic and social transformation
- Use of projects and programmes engineering to achieve the strategic objectives of the continent
- International offer of project management technologies (standards, methodologies and guidelines) and certification programme
- Adoption of a project management methodology within an organization: What practical approach?
- Project Management and Logical Framework Approach: Practice and prospects in Africa
- PPP infrastructure Projects in Africa: How to benefit from the PPP Body of Knowledge (PPP Guide) and the APMG PPP Certification Programme
- Governance for Trans-Border Projects in Africa
- Careers in project management
- Forming, development and performance of project teams: Good practice and prospects in Africa
- How to build a successful career in project management
- The crucial role of ethical standards on projects
- Women in project management: perspective for Africa
- Acquisition and mastery of project management technologies
- The critical aspects of project management training, and national or regional certification bodies, for the success of projects, programmes and portfolios
- Project Management training in African universities and academic institutions: current situation and prospects
- Project Management offices: Design, establishment and optimal performance
- Development of project management in Africa: The role for national standards bodies
- The role of African universities and academic institutions in research, transfer, acquisition and mastery of project management technologies
Opening Keynote address
24 May 2017
The importance of the critical mass of qualified experts and professionals in the successful acquisition or transfer of technologies needed in Africa for its economic and social transformation.
Day Two Keynote address
25 May 2017
The critical importance of the legal aspects (intellectual property rights) in the successful acquisition or transfer of technologies needed in Africa for its economic and social transformation
Closing Keynote address
26 May 2017
The critical importance of building strong professional and standard bodies for the successful acquisition and mastery of technologies needed in Africa for its economic and social transformation.
Testimonies delivered by Special Guest:
Mr. Protais Ayangma Amang
He will deliver a testimony on the interest of a Pan-African Project Management Professional Organization in the light of his experience at the FANAF in the area of insurance industry.
Mr. Booto à Ngon Charles
He will give a testimony on the ANOR’s experience in the development of standards on project programme and portfolio management.